DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM FOR HOME GUARD RECRUITMENT
A Notification to fill up the existing vacancies of 384 Home Guards in Hyderabad City Police and 73 Home Guards on deputation was issued. The notification and the application is placed at website www.appolice.gov.in and www.hyderabadpolice.gov.in under recruitment folder.
The candidate should be a citizen of India and must be a local to Hyderabad City Police unit area and passed SSC for Category – A and passed 7th class for Category-B.
Government of Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad City Police, Home Guards Organization.
No.719/A2/HGs/Hyd/2012-2013. Date: 24.04.2013.
No. Name of the Post No. of vacancies Preferable areas
01. Cat-A Home Guard - General 200 L & O, Traffic and Specialized Units on rotation in Hyderabad City
02. Cat-B Home Guard - Technical 184 Drivers – 150
Mechanics – 5
Plumbers – 5
Carpenters – 3
Painters – 2
Gardiners – 4
Electricians – 3
Cooks – 10
Photographers – 2
03. Cat-A Home Guard General (Deputation) 07 ACB
04. Cat-A Home Guard General (Deputation) 04 Vig & Enfo.
05. Cat-A Home Guard General (Deputation) 26 OCTOPUS
06. Cat-B Home Guard - Technical (Deputation) 15 OCTOPUS
Carpenter – 3
Cooks – 8
Plumbers – 1
Mason – 1
Draftsmen – 1
Auto Mechanics -1
07. Cat-A Home Guard General (Deputation) 21 Prisons
(5 Female+16 Male)
1. The candidate should be a citizen of India and must be a local to the Hyderabad City Police Unit Area.
- Must have completed 18 years of age as on date of notification.
- Those who are above 50 years of age as on date of notification are not eligible.
3. EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:
- For the post Cat-A, candidate must have passed SSC or any other equivalent examination as approved by the Board of Secondary Education of Govt. A.P.
- For the post Cat-B, candidate must have passed 7th or equivalent examination as on the date of notification.
- The candidates who possess higher qualification than the prescribed on will also be considered.
4. TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION:
- Skilled and technical persons will be recruited as Home Guards under Cat-B.
- Should possess the valid LMV license issued by the Govt. of A.P. for Drivers.
- Should possess the valid ITI certificate in concerned specialization issued by the Govt. of A.P.
5. PHYSICAL STANDARDS
Height: Cat-A (Men): Candidate should have 165 cms. height.
In case of STs, the height should be 160 cms.
Cat – B (Men): Candidates should have 165 cms height. Male candidates can be apply for Cat-A or Cat-B or for both.
Cat – A (Women): Candidates should have 150 cms height. In case of STs, the height should be 145 cms.
6. APPLICATION FORM:
Candidates must apply in the Application Form and Hall Ticket (in duplicate) prescribed by the ADGP Home Guards, A.P., Hyd, which can be download from the websites www.appolice.gov.in and www.hyderabadpolice.gov.in available in the recruitment folder. They are requested to go through the notification published by News Papers. Candidates should note that the application forms are not issued from any police office.
7. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
9. A prescribed fee of Rs.25/- (Rupees twenty five only) in cash should be remitted at the time of submission of each application form. Demand Drafts, cheques, Indian Postal Orders etc., will not be accepted. SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
10. Applications submitted after 2.00 p.m. on 15.05.2013 will not be accepted. Incomplete applications or applications without prescribed enclosures also will not be entertained. The candidates who submits his/her application between 29.04.2013 to 15.05.2013 will receive his/her Hall Ticket i.e., Identity Card (Candidate Copy) on the same day evening or on the following day.
11. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION:
The candidates applying for the enrollment should ensure that they fulfill all eligible conditions for admission to the qualifying test in 800 mtrs and to the Physical Efficiency Test. Their admission at all the stages of the tests will be purely provisional and subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
12. SELECTION PROCEDURE:
The eligible candidates should undergo the Physical Efficiency Test as under:
A. Qualifying Test for Category A and B:
Category “A” Category “B”
Men (800 Mtrs) Men (800 Mtrs)
170 Seconds 200 Seconds
B. Physical efficiency Tests for the purpose of Merit List for Category A only. Total Marks = 150 @ 50 Marks for each event.
Running 100 Mtrs Running 100 Mtrs:
a) 11 Sec & below – 50 marks a) 16 sec & below – 50 marks
b) 11.1 sec -13.9 sec – 40 marks b) 16.1 sec – 17 sec – 40 marks
c) 14 sec – 15 sec – 30 marks c) 17.1 sec – 19 sec – 30 marks
d) 15.1 & above – 0 marks d) 19.1 & above – 0 marks
Long Jump Long Jump
a) 5.01 mtrs & above – 50 marks a) 3.5 mtrs & above – 50 marks
b) 4.80 to 5.00 mtrs – 40 marks b) 3.0 to 3.49 mtrs – 40 marks
c) 3.65 to 4.79 mtrs – 30 marks c) 2.0 to 2.99 mtrs – 30 marks
d) 3.64 mtrs & below – 0 marks d) 1.99 mtrs & below – 0 marks
Shotput: Weight 7.26 kgs Shotput: Weight 4 kgs
a) 9.61 mtrs & above – 50 marks a) 5.61 mtrs & above – 50 marks
b) 9.60 to 8.00 mtrs – 40 marks b) 5.01 to 5.60 mtrs – 40 marks
c) 7.99 to 6.00 mtrs – 30 marks c) 4.50 to 5.00 mtrs – 30 marks
d) 5.99 mtrs & below – 0 marks d) 4.49 mtrs & below – 0 marks
13. The final selection will be strictly on relative merit of the candidates in each category, as obtained by them based on their individual score in the PET.
14. Suppression of material facts or withholding any factual information in the attestation form (which would be supplied to the candidates who will be provisionally selected) will disqualify the candidates from being considered for enrollment. In the event of any information being found false or incorrect or ineligibility being detected at any time even after the enrollment, he/she will be removed from the service forthwith by the appointing authority without giving any notice.
15. Selection shall be subject to Medical fitness and satisfactory Antecedents.
15. Check List:
1) The candidates are requested to check their eligibility carefully and fill in the columns in the application form. They should also fill the columns 1, 2 and 4 only and affix the photos in Hall tickets (in duplicate).
2) They should submit the SSC pass certificate in support of the proof of their age and educational qualification for Category-A.
3) Candidates applying for the post under Cat-B must submit the 7th class pass memo and Xerox copy of valid LMV issued by the RTA, ITI Trace certificate issued by the Govt. Of A.P.
4) Residence Certificate issued by the Tahasildar/MRO of Hyderabad District are issued on or after 01.07.2012.
5) 4 recent colour pass port size photographs.
Failure to enclose the same will lead to rejection of the application form. The Selection Committee will not entertain any correspondence from any candidate.